Sintered stones are a versatile and practical choice for home styling. Whether you are remodeling your home or designing a new one, it is used for countertops and work surfaces in homes and businesses, as well as for cladding, flooring, and building facades. Its surface is impervious to etching, scratching, burning, and staining.
Sintered stone is created through a process called sintering, where extreme heat and pressure are applied to natural materials such as minerals and clay. Making a durable and highly-resistant material that can be used for a variety of applications in interior design. Its non-porous surface makes it easy to clean and maintain, while its scratch and heat resistance make it an ideal choice for high-traffic areas in your home.
The components of sintered stone
Natural stone serves as the foundation for the product depending on the Sintered Stone manufacturer, a base of 88% to 95% natural quartz stone is combined with colors, polymers, and resins to form the slab. Sintered stone is created using a range of organic components, such as:
· The stone's crack resistance, strength, and durability are due to the minerals quartz and feldspar.
· Natural oxides cause the color and design of the stone.
· Glass minerals and silica for chemical stability
· Clay minerals for their adhesive qualities and whiteness,
· Natural pigments for chromatic properties.
These materials are joined when sintered, which is a procedure that combines pressure and heat to fuse them. The final stone is incredibly sturdy, stain-resistant, and easy to clean. It is non-porous, making it resistant to mold and mildew.
What are the benefits of sintered stone in interior designs?
· Sintered stone has an almost zero absorption level, making it waterproof.
· The countertops are hygienic since they don't emit chemicals and are suitable for use with food.
· It is entirely natural, is suited for heavy wear, and is the ideal material for a busy family home or place of work. It is also resin-free.
· The performance of the sintered stone is more extensive and exceptional. It is exceptionally abrasion, scratch, and impact resistant, scoring 6-7 on the Mohs scale.
· Ultraviolet (UV) light is not able to penetrate sintered stone. This makes the surface acceptable for indoor and outdoor use because it implies that it won't degrade or start to fade with time.
· It is perfect for outdoor kitchens, cladding, and shower linings, to name a few applications.
One of the most significant benefits of sintered stone is its durability and low-maintenance nature. However, proper installation and maintenance can further extend the life of your sintered stone surfaces.
Installation and Maintenance of Sintered Stones
Sintered stone is typically installed with an adhesive, similar to how tiles are installed. It’s important to use high-quality glue and follow the sintered stone manufacturer’s instructions for installation. It is extremely heavy and requires a strong and level surface for installation. A professional installer with experience working with sintered stone should be employed to ensure proper installation.
It has low-maintenance components, but regular cleaning and upkeep will help it maintain its beautiful appearance. For daily cleaning, use a mild, pH-neutral cleaner and a soft cloth or sponge. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads, as they can damage the surface.
Use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft-bristled brush to gently scrub the surface for tougher stains. Be sure to rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water after cleaning to remove any residue. Avoid using acidic cleaners or anything containing bleach on sintered stone surfaces, as they can cause damage.
Sintered stone doesn’t require sealing but can benefit high-traffic or high-stain areas such as kitchen countertops or bathroom vanities. Be sure to follow the sintered stone manufacturer instructions for application.
Why MOCO Porcelain Slabs are the Secret to a Timeless Interior Design
Using sintered stone as a material for interior design is one of the most rewarding and effective ways to create a unique look and feel for a home. MOCO Porcelain Slabs are an excellent choice for interior designers, as they offer a variety of colors, textures, and designs.
In the world of interior design, sintered stone has become an increasingly popular material to work with. As a result, more and more homeowners are looking for ways to incorporate this luxurious material into their home styling.
With proper installation and maintenance, sintered stone surfaces can last for many years and maintain their beautiful appearance. MOCO Porcelain Slabs sintered stone are not only beautiful, they’re also durable, low-maintenance, and come in a variety of colors and finishes to suit any design style.
At MOCO, we understand the importance of mastering the art of sintered stone in home styling and are here to help you do just that. From our vast selection of porcelain slabs to our innovative installation techniques, MOCO Porcelain Slabs is your go-to source for all your sintered stone needs.